FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WHITENING
Q Will the Plus White 5 Minute Premier Whitening System really whiten my teeth in 5 minutes?
A The Plus White 5 Minute Premier Whitening System will begin whitening your teeth in 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all you need for regular whitening or “maintenance” whitening, but for teeth that are badly stained or yellow, we recommend that you perform the whitening process for time intervals of 15-20 minutes.
Q What is StainGuard®, anyway?
A Our StainGuard® Rinse formulation helps retain the appearance of whiter, brighter teeth after whitening. The proprietary formula contains a special polymer, which boosts whitening — and it also coats teeth with a protective shield of stain fighting polymers. These stain fighting polymers work to prevent and delay future staining of teeth and to lock in whiteness so that your pearly whites stay pearly white.
Q How does Plus White deliver full coverage whitening?
A Because 2/3 of people don’t have perfectly straight teeth, whitening strips may not always fit right. The Plus White Premier Whitening System utilizes a double-sided, flexible mouth tray, which you fill with whitening gel in order to whiten both the top and bottom teeth, at once. Just gently biting down on the mouth tray fully immerses all exposed surfaces of your teeth in the highly effective whitening formula — regardless of size, shape, and alignment. Following this step of the whitening process by swishing the StainGuard® Rinse around all teeth, spaces, and the crevices between teeth further ensures that you are achieving full-coverage whitening. Ultimately, while some strips may slip, lay flat on only the front surfaces of teeth, or fail to mold to the spaces and crevices between teeth, the Plus White Premier Whitening System is designed to whiten all the nooks and crannies that make up your beautiful smile. Now that’s full coverage whitening.
Q Is the active whitening ingredient in Plus White® Toothpastes safe to use every time I brush?
A Yes, not only are Plus White® Toothpastes safe for daily use, but they also contain fluoride to protect against cavities and active ingredients to help remove plaque which can lead to tartar build-up.
Q How long before I will see whitening results when using Plus White® Toothpaste?
A It will differ from person to person depending on the severity of the stains, your age and how many times a day you brush with Plus White® Toothpaste. In general, you should notice an overall improvement to your tooth color within 2 to 4 weeks.
Q Will Plus White® 5 Minute Whitening Gel work on veneers, crowns or other dental work?
A No, the active ingredients in Plus White® 5 Minute Whitening Gel are designed to remove stains safely from natural tooth enamel. Consult with your dentist about having your specific dental work improved visually.
- Choose a toothbrush with soft, round-ended, nylon bristles.
- Wet the brush with water. Apply enough paste to cover the bristles. Always use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Place the brush along the gum line on an angle and brush in a back and forth motion along the entire surface of your teeth.
- For the inner sides of front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up and down strokes using the front half of the brush.
- Clean the biting surfaces of your teeth. Use a gentle back and forth scrubbing motion.
- To help reduce odor-causing bacteria, always brush your tongue from front to back.
- Brush for 2-3 minutes after every meal or at least twice a day.
- Replace your brush every 2-3 months, sooner if bristles are frayed or worn.
- Cut off an 18in. piece of dental floss.
- Wrap each end around each index finger. Use your thumbs to secure it in place between your teeth.
- Pull the floss taut and with a gentle back and forth motion. Slide it between your teeth and down under the gum line.
- Scrape the tooth surface several times, beginning below the gum line and moving to the top of the tooth.
- Release the tension from the floss so you can wrap it around the surface of the next tooth that is to be cleaned.
- Continue until you have flossed all tooth surfaces.
- Floss at least once a day.
To help keep your white teeth their whitest:
- Recognize the foods that can stain your teeth, such as cherries, blueberries, raspberries, even soy sauce.
- Be aware of the beverages that can discolor your teeth: coffee, tea, wine, even beer
- Read the warning labels on prescription medications; some can change tooth color.
- Some antibiotics and even some over-the-counter antihistamines can discolor teeth — read warning labels and ask your pharmacist.
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco will, over time, stain your teeth.